Pages

Followers

Search This Blog

Have you made the most important decision of your life? Where will you spend Eternity? To make heaven is as simple as ABC- Accept you are a sinner, Believe that Jesus died for your sin and Confess HE is Lord.

BundleoftheWeek.com, 5 eBooks for $7.40!

23 May 2012

[Blogger Inspiration]- Rita, Gbemisoke and Chichi

Rita… This amazing woman has blessed my life through her blog posts. Like Geebee, she shares about her life on blogsville which I find very very courageous. I think she left an encouraging comment on my blog once and as usual I checked out her posts. I noticed we shared similar views on a lot of things especially relationship wise. We became Facebook friends and email friends at some point. I met her once when I went to Naija in 2010. She was really reserved yet nice and pleasant. I am quite the opposite (restless soul!) and I must say reserved people unnerve me cuz you can’t tell what is going through their mind. However with Rita I didn’t feel awkward around her, we got along well. We don’t talk as much but I am glad to say I know Rita.


Gbemisoke, now when it comes to personalities this is one madam that I flow with easily. She is so funny and down to earth. Funny enough I knew her on twitter rather than through her blog. One time she said she was coming to the UK for vacation and I DM-ed her to find out where she will be staying. Lo and behold she was going to be near where I lived. We arranged to meet and despite a busy schedule I made sure I went to see her. I wanted to meet the jovial Gbemisoke and she did not disappoint! We flowed like bread and butter (lol)….I met Alexis as well. Such a cutie. Gbemisoke tells you as it is. We have skyped a few times and it was always filled with laughter. 

This madam has also abandoned her blog, though I think she is trying to dust off the cobwebs from her blog. You can catch her on twitter as that’s where she is these days conveying words of wisdom.


 

I met Chichi randomly but I think it was meant to be. I used to visit her blog sporadically and enjoyed reading about her relationship and her wedding planning. I am not sure I ever left a comment, I was a silent reader basically. I did follow her on twitter though. I noticed she was very pretty in the pictures she put on her blog. One time I went to the local church in my area as I couldn’t go to my church. I stood up to join praise and worship. Next thing I hear this beautiful melodious voice from someone standing behind me…I was so tempted to look back to see who was singing so stunningly. I succumbed and used style to look back and I saw her. Now I am very good with faces, and I knew I had seen that face somewhere but couldn’t place it…Her voice haunted me (in a good way) and then it hit me…this is chichi the blogger from "From Now till I do!" I was like wow OMG, I have just met a blogger and she doesn't even know it yet. I didn’t know if to walk up to introduce myself or what. I didn’t have the nerve as I didn’t think she knew me or my blog anyways and didn't want to start long stories...so I went home. Later that day I asked her on twitter if she attended xxx church and she said yes and how did I know. Hehe. I told her I saw her and that’s how we became friends.


Chichi has a gentle spirit and is as beautiful in person as she is in her pictures. She has been an inspiration to me and is a big fan of Super Working Mum :). She seems pretty organised to me from reading her blog posts. I can proudly call this lady my friend. I hope she feels the same way too.

Ladies, it has been a great pleasure knowing you. You make blogging worthwhile.

16 comments:

  1. From blog friends to 'real' friends. Thank you for your friendship! You are inspiration to me too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! These posts are so great to read, Aloted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, this is really sweet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.

    I have met the first two also lol.

    I met Rita last week for the first time. She is so so gentle and reserved.

    I met Gbemisoke on phone, lol. She talked to me for almost 2 hours! Very down to earth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ ilola- Rita and Gbemi are like opposites in nature but very special in their own ways

      Delete
  5. I think what I find most amazing is the 'magic' of getting to know someone in person whom you only just met online. I have made me some great friends in blogville (Rita is one of them) and I have no regrets.
    Aloted, since we have a few mutual blogville friends, it's a wonder we haven't met in person yet! lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!!! You and I have to meet ooo Enkay :)

      Delete
  6. Rita is awesome and one of my inspirations on blogsville as well (besides you of course. lol). Then, Gbemi is another super woman I admire. Besides, she's as funny as hell sometimes. Great ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwww....
    You are too kind. Thank you dear.
    Meeting you was one of the high points of 2011 for me. It's always a joy to find a kindred spirit, a woman whose heart is in the right place. You've inspired me a lot and I'm blessed to have you in my life.

    I'm going to be smiling to myself all day today :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Gbemisoke..glad i could put a smile on your face ..*grinning*

      Delete

I would love to know your thoughts :)