Pages

Followers

Search This Blog

Have you made the most important decision of your life? Where will you spend Eternity? To make heaven is as simple as ABC- Accept you are a sinner, Believe that Jesus died for your sin and Confess HE is Lord.

BundleoftheWeek.com, 5 eBooks for $7.40!

24 Jul 2012

Make Me A Blessing


Make me a blessing
Source: Google Images
 Every one wants to be blessed, ya? So how do you get blessed? Very simple- by being a blessing to others.

Just recently we had the prayer challenge. You can go ahead and do it if you haven’t and feel led to. One key thing the challenge taught me was selflessness and thinking of others instead of myself.

As I prayed for others God has come through for me in ways I did not expect. Even before a problem I am currently dealing with occurred, he had provided the solution!

A friend also shared his testimony with me. He told me he had applied for a new job. Then during the prayer challenge he prayed for someone else who was job hunting and even sent her a job ad in her field. She got the job! She then simply prayed and said “God bless you” to my friend. That same week of the prayer challenge, my friend got that job he applied for. If you hear the perks of this job….in fact, you will join my friend in thanking God.

It's God’s mathematics, what you sow you reap. Simple!

The thing is every single person has problems; big, small, medium size. It doesn’t matter. So instead of protecting our corner and thinking our problem is bigger than others' and that we deserve special attention from God, we should reach out to others instead. This definitely opens doors.

The typical prayer you hear is God bless me…Oh Lord bleeesssss meeee! I think it is high time we changed that prayer to "Lord make me a blessing to others".

So what are practical ways we can be a blessing to others?

Here are a few examples:

Do you want a promotion at work? Mentor someone in your office that needs help


Do you want a new job? As you find job ads that you know someone might be interested in, send it to them.


Do you want healing?- Pray for someone who is sick


Do you want a baby?- Rejoice with those who have children, Attend your friend's baby dedication with a gift, offer to baby sit


 Do you want a life partner?- Rejoice with those who are engaged and getting married. Don’t shy away from attending your friend’s wedding.


Do you want financial breakthrough?- Give to someone who is in need


Do you want to buy a house?- Pay towards someone’s mortgage

How did God show us that he loved us, he GAVE! He gave his ONLY son to die for us. So if you say you love, then you must GIVE.

Luke 6: 38 Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”

This verse just proves to me that givers NEVER lack…when we GIVE we are sowing seeds of abundance

Now please note I am in no way suggesting that you give what you do not have. Duet 16. 17 says "Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the Lord your God which He has given you."

You read that ya? Now please read it again carefully especially the parts highlighted. When some pastors preach and tell you to borrow to give the church and what not, if you didn't hear God tell you same, I will advise you to borrow yourself brain and keep your money. That type of preaching is heresy! (Mini rant over! Lol)

Start with the little you have, NOT what you DON’T have. See God’s promise to Abraham

Genesis 12:2 I will make you a great nation; I will bless you And make your name great; And you shall be a blessing.

God will make you great SO THAT you can be a blessing to others. Did I hear an amen…AMEN!

So do you want to be blessed? Then change your prayer to “Lord make me a blessing” You will be surprised at the different opportunities life will present to you to be a blessing to others. And then the reward that comes with being a blessing to others.


I will be the first to raise up my hand to say I don’t give as much as I should but by God’s grace all that is changing. Me, I know what I am looking for so I know what I need to give…;)

Lord help me to be a blessing!

So in what ways can we be a blessing to others? Please share in the comments section below.


19 comments:

  1. Oh my dear friend...you are going to start a revival with these posts of yours!! I will consciously seek to bless others, and cheerfully too. Thank God for our wonderful parents who serve as examples of all that you have shared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks GNG... glad you brought up our parents...the selflessness in that generation blows my mind. this deserves another blog post.

      Delete
  2. Preach it Sista!

    Still waiting to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...a lot has gone through my mind as I read this. God bless you, Aloted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous, wanna share what is going through your mind?

      Amen to your prayer

      Delete
  4. You hit the nail on the head, selfishness is not an option. May God help us all and may we be obedient when he does.

    Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen...obedience is the koko

      Thanks Oluwakemi

      Delete
  5. Word!!! I realised how selfish I've been with my prayers when I did this exercise. It was almost impossible to not chip in a little prayer for ME!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Nolimit, I know! Same happened to me, I had to remind myself I couldnt pray for me.

      Delete
  6. + I don't think I did it properly so I'm going to start it again and blog about it daily, starting from tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very practical post and quite helpful...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this reminder Aloted, we have been blessed to bless.

    I especially appreciate the part where you highlighted that we dont have to borrow to give, so many have fallen prey to that fallacy and its just sad.

    May we find grace to give more of ourselves...AMEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @jhazmyn. It is true o...some people fall prey of such lies

      Amen to your prayer

      Delete
  9. GIVE, GIVE, GIVE!

    Selflesness is the key.

    ReplyDelete
  10. please is the prayer challenge still going on? i seriouly need prayer, im 7months pregnant and just lost my job, how im going to take care of this baby i dont know...please pray for me i need a miracle...

    iyabode from maryland,usa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Iyabode,

      It is well with you. If God can take care of the lilies of the field and the birds in the air, then he will surely take care of you his child! You are bringing another child of his into the world so I KNOW he will hear your cry in an amazing way.

      I will pray along but keep TRUSTING. Your testimony is around the corner.

      Thoughts
      Aloted

      Delete

I would love to know your thoughts :)