Pages

Followers

Search This Blog

Have you made the most important decision of your life? Where will you spend Eternity? To make heaven is as simple as ABC- Accept you are a sinner, Believe that Jesus died for your sin and Confess HE is Lord.

BundleoftheWeek.com, 5 eBooks for $7.40!

7 Jun 2012

Thankful Thursday- Reflections

So today is Thankful Thursday, sigh.

Since the dana plane crash, I have not been myself, like I am sure many of you haven't been. I feel demotivated and lethargic. I am in a reflective mood. An ex colleague of mine died on the plane crash. We were not really close but we had a good rapport when we worked together. His death shook me bad so I can't even imagine how his family, close friends and other families affected feel right now.

I guess another thing adding to my mood is the fact that Baale flew that Dana plane the Wednesday before the incident happened. My sister also flew out of Abuja (not sure what airline) that week. It was like someone poured cold water on me when I first heard of the plane crash..They could have been on that flight! One part of me is very grateful they were not on board. Another part is sad for those who lost someone on that flight.


So yes...today is thankful thursday. Even though I am not happy right now, I thank God for his infinite mercies. Even in dark time, even when things don't make sense, I will trust in you Lord. Who else can I trust in- You ALONE are all knowing, You are sovereign and all sufficient.


I am thankful for small mercies and big mercies

I am thankful that I woke up this morning

I am thankful for accident free journeys

I am thankful for friends and family- for your protection over them

I am thankful for provision

I am thankful for sound mind

I am thankful that Baale and my sis are safe




Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me?

Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.
Psalm 42:11

6 comments:

  1. Dont know what to say!

    I have also not been myself since the Dana crash!

    I am reminded to fulfill God's purpose for my being here, reminded to shine as a light in the midst of darkness that as so taken over the world, and to make my time here on earth worthwhile.

    I am also thankful...for life, for new opportunities.

    Thankful to God on your behalf dear!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We who remain on earth must indeed continue to do our part in thanking Him

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first line reminds me to thankful despite oddness in life. Rhonda Byrne rocks!
    personal investing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh give thanks to the lord..for he is good. For his mercies endureth forever...even when all hope seems lost,our souls will bless ur Name Yahweh..
    It is well with our souls IJN..amen

    ReplyDelete

I would love to know your thoughts :)