Have u ever noticed that we are quick to ask ourselves “what is wrong with me?” when things seem out of control.
“Why am I not yet married?
Why is my husband/wife not like so and so?
Why don’t I have a better paying job?
God, why me? (And I ask- why not you?!)
WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???”
Does it automatically mean that when things are not going your way that something is wrong with you? I don’t think so because in life everyone has their fair share of woes.
Many of us grumble a lot when things don’t seem to go our way. Grumbling is certainly not an attractive trait. It gets to a point when your family and friends can't take your moaning and whining anymore.
As it ever occurred to you to ask yourself- “what is right with me?” Seems like a strange question to ask but I believe that if we start focusing on what is right with us, we might have the right attitude towards life and not think we’ve been cursed or some thing.
So what is right with you?
- You are alive today- someone died during their sleep
- You have food to eat- so many have nothing to eat
- You can wake up whenever, go where ever anytime you want- ask the married they need "permission" from their partners before they can hop and go
- Your husband sits at home lazing around watching football after work- some women don’t know where their husbands have been for the past two nights
- You are free to pursue your dreams, you and your husband can travel around etc- those with children will need to "readjust" (removed "saddled with that responsibilties")
- Your job pays the bills- some people have been searching for a job since they left school
I can go on and on but I believe you are getting my point. This is the real world, bad times are defintely going to come but don't give up hope. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. If only we can change our focus. I know it is easier said than done but if we want to be appealing to others around us, enjoy life and maintain a good attitude we need to be more thankful to God for the good he has done and is doing in our lives.