I have some very great news for y'all. I have crossed yet another milestone. Hehe You can check here for a previous milestone of mine.
On the 12th of January '08, I got married to my best friend. :) It was a glorious day and I enjoyed every minute of it. I was just a tiny weeny bit cranky (which is expected from all brides, I think) but thanks to my chief brides maid for calming me down always. More kudos to writefreak cuz without her I am not sure our friends wouldn't have had anything to eat at the reception. Another story for another day.
Anyway like I was saying, our day was great and most of my wishes came through-
- Our bridal march song was "When God gave me you" by Jesse Campbell; T.D Jakes. T'was really lovely with all the long list of people walking down the aisle which included my only surviving grandparent (Mama). Can't wait to see the video :)
- Still on the bridal march, I had my flower girls throw petals on the floor..even the pastor was taken by that...lol
- Our First dance- we danced to "I was made to love you" by Gerald Levert... that turned out better than I expected, except for the few times my hubby was stepping on my dress..lol
The wishes that didn't come through-
- I wanted a canopy for our friends to sit in, with favours I had ready on their tables- lai lai...people no gree...ok the canopy existed quite alright but you know Naija weddings now, they never respect the sign "Reserved". Grhhh
- Spraying of money- lol...with all the adverts on Naija telly on arresting people that spray money at weddings and the fact that our chairman's wife (who was present) is a Director General of CBN, this wish was no where near reality. We got people to drop money in trays though- BORING!
Anyhu, above all I want to thank God all mighty for making Jan 12 a reality for my hubby, myself and our families. It was a beautiful day I must say.
Hubby and I are looking forward to a bright future together. :)