Pages

Followers

Search This Blog

Have you made the most important decision of your life? Where will you spend Eternity? To make heaven is as simple as ABC- Accept you are a sinner, Believe that Jesus died for your sin and Confess HE is Lord.

BundleoftheWeek.com, 5 eBooks for $7.40!

26 May 2006

It's not about Me!

The realisation that this life is not about me or you is kinda carking, don't you think? Many times I do what I want because my happiness depends on it but now I know this life is not about my happiness or peace of mind.

I have read many self-help book that tell me- "if you want to be fufilled, look in within, think about what makes you happy, what makes you tick and you've found it". The world teaches us to be self-centred- What makes me happy? What do I want to do? What are my goals and my dreams? If I didn't create myself, how can I look within for answers? It really is not about me but about God because I was born by his purpose and for his purpose. That means I have to look to HIM the one that created me for my purpose. Imagine a sofa telling Mr Carpenter, "I have looked within and I notice I am comfy, I think I will be happy being a bed, let people lay down on me when they want to sleep". Fine, the chair might be fufilled playing a bed's role but that wasn't the purpose for which Mr Carpenter created it. It will end up as a short-lived sofa.

The Bible says in Ephensians 1:11 that -"It is in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone". This verse tells me that:
  • I can only discover my identity and purpose through a relationship with Jesus
  • God was thinking of me long before I even thought about him. His purpose for my life precedes my conception. He didn't need my input to determine my purpose
  • My purpose in life fits into a much larger purpose that God has designed for eternity.

So I guess the question I should be asking myself is how do I live for God and not myself? Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know your thoughts :)