FREE Jonathon Elendu NOW
Have you made the most important decision of your life? Where will you spend Eternity? To make heaven is as simple as ABC- Accept you are a sinner, Believe that Jesus died for your sin and Confess HE is Lord.
31 Oct 2008
FREE Jonathon Elendu NOW
28 Oct 2008
Please read and let me know what you think? Cheers!
*Guys/men please feel free to comment as well* Rethots no vex o ;)
Have you ever noticed girls who set their handbags on
public toilet floors, then go directly to their dining
tables and set it on the table? Happens a lot!
It's not always the 'restaurant food' that causes
Stomach distress. Sometimes 'what you don't know will hurt you'!
Mom got so upset when guests came in the door and
plopped their handbags down on the counter where she
was cooking or setting up food. She always said that
handbags are really dirty, because of where they have
It's something just about every woman carries with them.
While we may know what's inside our handbags,
do you have any idea what's on the outside? Women carry
handbags everywhere; from the office to public toilets
to the floor of the car. Most women won't be caught
without their handbags, but did you ever stop to think
about where your handbag goes during the day.
I drive a school bus, so my handbag has been on the
floor of the bus a lot,' says one woman. 'On the
floor of my car, and in toilets.'
'I put my handbag in grocery shopping carts and on the
floor of the toilet,' says another woman 'and of
course in my home which should be clean.'
We decided to find out if handbags harbor a lot of
bacteria. We learned how to test them at Nelson
Laboratories in Salt Lake , and then we set out to
test the average woman's handbag.
Most women told us they didn't stop to think about
what was on the bottom of their handbag. Most said at
home they usually set their handbags on top of kitchen
tables and counters where food is prepared.
Most of the ladies we talked to told us they wouldn't
be surprised if their handbags were at least a little bit dirty.
It turns out handbags are so surprisingly dirty, even
the microbiologist who tested them was shocked.
Microbiologist Amy Karen of Nelson Labs says nearly
all of the handbags tested were not only high in
bacteria, but high in harmful kinds of bacteria.
Pseudomonas can cause eye infections, staphylococcus
aurous can cause serious skin infections, and
salmonella and e-coli found on the handbags could make
people very sick.
In one sampling, four of five handbags tested positive
for salmonella, and that's not the worst of it.
'There is fecal contamination on the handbags' says Amy.
Leather or vinyl handbags tended to be cleaner than
cloth handbags, and lifestyle seemed to play a role.
People with kids tended to have dirtier handbags than
those without, with one exception.
The handbag of one single woman who frequented
nightclubs had one of the worst contaminations of all.
'Some type of feces, or possibly vomit' says Amy.
So the moral of this story is that your handbag won't
kill you, but it does have the potential to make you
very sick if you keep it on places where you eat.
Use hooks to hang your handbag at home and in toilets,
and don't put it on your desk, a restaurant table, or
on your kitchen countertop.
Experts say you should think of your handbag the same way you would a pair of
shoes. 'If you think about putting a pair of shoes on
your countertops, that's the same thing you're doing
when you put your handbag on the countertops.'
Your handbag has gone where individuals before you
have walked, sat, sneezed, coughed, spat, urinated,
emptied bowels, etc!
Do you really want to bring that home with you?
The microbiologists at Nelson also said cleaning a
handbag will help. Wash cloth handbags and use leather
cleaner to clean the bottom of leather handbags.
25 Oct 2008
This is not an update but information for student bloggers in the States.
You can find more information here on the blogging scholarship.
Please pass on to other bloggers that might be interested.
A Naija student blogger should win this time o! LOL
19 Oct 2008
Last week, I was awarded the "I Love your blog" award by YankeeNaijaBabe and Lady A. I was really tripped and actually blessed to know that such wonderful ladies love my blog.
YNB- I must confess that I love the work you are doing with your new blog...it's full of all sorts that can benefit anyone who cares to read. I have picked up a few fashion tips from your blog. Thanks
Lady A- Reading about your story and how you are joyful even in the midst of heartaches, everyday life and caring for your kids amazes me. Your love for God is evident in all your blogs. I am so happy that you and your hubby are back together and making things work. You remind me that Love conquers all.
So before I pass on the award, here are the rules:
1.The nominated is allowed to put the picture on their blogs.
2.Link to the person who awarded you.
3.Nominate seven other people and link to them.
4.Leave a message on those people's blog to make them aware that they're nominated.
I know the rules says pass it on to 7 bloggers but as I am incorporating this with my Ten things Tuesday am sure y'all won't mind me passing it to 10 remarkable bloggers. So here's me passing on the award and giving thanks for 10 blogs I love. Smart move, right??
Oh, yah, at this point I must mention that to everyone I gave out the Honest Award and to everyone that I read your blogs, please know that I 100% love your blogs. Blogville is just the place to be and I am humbled to be part of this wonderful family. However, I will like to recgonise the following as their blogs have impacted my life for the better (if you didn't know, now u are about to know...lol).
In no particular order, I hereby pass on the award to:
- Xbox Wife- The orginator of Ten things Tuesday. Am sure glad to have stumbled on your blog cuz doing ten things tuesday has taught me to be more thankful. For this reason I love your blog :)
- Walking- This lady has all sorts of tips for everyday life on her blog. I have picked up a few tips on money management, food timetable etc. You just have to check her out.
- Seye- There's just something remarkable about you and your posts. For a guy, I think you are in touch with your emotions even though you try to appear hardcore to us ;-)
- Simeone Omobaba- Man of God! LOL...Your blog inspires me. That's all I am going to say.
- ShubbyDoo- Just the title of your blog alone trips me. I remember once you mentioned on someone's blog that it actually keeps u in check. This reminds me of me sometimes when i feel like ranting but my blog title keeps me in line. Inspiring blog
- Abbie- I love reading about you, your son, your minor "escapades". LOL. Thanks for always taking time out to respond to my comments via email. I appreciate it
- 30+ - I simply love your blog because you ALWAYS acknowledge God at the beginning of each post. I find that totally awe-inspiring.
- Tyger- You this girl, you have not been updating frequently but when you do you have something to say that puts a smile on my face.
- Rethots- I love your unique way of writing. I have this image of you in my head. Do you look like a geek? lol. Sometimes, am not sure what you are going on about in your posts (slow me abi) but I love the fact that you take time out to send me an email to explain what's going on.
- Abuja Maiden - I only recently stumbled on this blog and I fell in love with it right away. It's rare to find people who not only travel the "narrow path" but they are not ashamed to talk about it. Not sure how old you are but you remind me of me when I was younger, single and dealing with temptations of a single life. The Lord will surely reward your decision ;)
Sorry I have to acknowledge one more special person o, no vex. My ore timo timo (my close friend).
Writefreak: Ore, sometimes I think you blog is all about you and your hubby. Hubby this, hubby that. LOL. That is what I love about your blog :) Too much love...never too much jare! Thanks for being my friend in real life and in blogville. ;)
So who or what are you thankful for??
13 Oct 2008
If you think you dare not, you don't.
If you like to win, but you think you can't,
It is almost certain you won't.
If you think you'll lose, you're lost,
For out in the world we find,
Success begins with a fellow's will.
It's all in the state of mind.
If you think you are outclassed, you are,
You've got to think high to rise,
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize.
Life's battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man.
But sooner or later the man who wins,
Is the man who thinks he can.
7 Oct 2008
- God's protection
- For the power of love over fear in my life
- Seye has decided to be part of the ten thing tuesday series ;-)
- Went to see the Lion King at the theatre with Tyger. It was remarkable! Really lovely! If you are in the UK (not sure where else they show this), I recommend you go and see it.
- Tyger and I had lunch at Pizza Express before the show. That was also fun. I found out after the show, at the tube station, that I forgot my debit card at Lunch! We had to walk all the way back; Tyger in her high heels, I was smart enough to bring a change of shoes. (Tyger no vex o...lol). Am glad I got my card back.
- I drove to work and back home all by myself yesterday...lol. Hubby went with me on Friday but I decided to tackle this on my own. I blasted my Hillsong CD to keep me company on the way and I thank God I didn't miss my way!
- Hubby had a bad cold during the week and on top of that hit his leg which swelled up. The cold is gone and his leg is fine now.
- The gas at home stopped working which affected the heater and hot water but hubby fixed it. Good to have a handyman at home men, because if it was just me I would have called the Landlord to come and fix his gas!
- Had a blasting headache yesterday afternoon, and then a tummy upset. Headache is gone but tummy still aches.
- Deciding to call in sick today. Honestly I can not do any brain work with a tummy upset. At least I can stay home to rest today. I need it!